The following rules and regulations were devised in an effort to ensure everyone’s safety and enjoyment. We here at the Spirit of the Suwannee, staff and campers alike, love our park. We believe firmly in a “Tread Lightly” policy, and have instated these policies in order to promote a safe and enjoyable stay with us. Please keep in mind that these regulations were designed to minimize accidents, injuries, and the deterioration of our park and the surrounding areas. All vehicles utilized within the Spirit of the Suwannee are subject to the following rules and regulations. Violations of this policy may result in suspension of cart or membership privileges, ejection from park, or legal recourse. We wish to continue the tradition of “carting at the park”, but it can only work if we all drive carefully and conduct ourselves responsibly. Management reserves the right to amend these rules and regulations at any time, without notice.
- Gas/Electric Golf Carts with stock engines (factory specs). Engine size is stamped on the motor
- E-Z Go: 295CC & 350CC
- Club: 290CC & 350CC
- Yamaha: 357CC
- Engines are not to exceed 14 HP
- Golf carts with a maximum lift of 4” – 8”
- Golf carts with a maximum tire size of 23x11x12
- Golf carts are to be equipped with stock mufflers or the equivalent – not to exceed noise level of a stock muffler
- All Terrain Vehicles (ATVs)
- Off-Road Utility Vehicles (ORVs)
- Recreational Utility Vehicles (RUVs)
- Dirt bikes
- Go carts or dune buggies
- All of the above-mentioned vehicles must show current proof of insurance upon check-in.
- Non-Event trail use fee is $30. The fee is valid for the duration of your stay.
- Holiday Weekend trail use fee is $60. The fee is valid for the duration of your stay.
- Event Golf Cart Trail Fee subject to change during events.
- Members and handicapped patrons do not pay a trail use fee, but must register their vehicle at the office, show proof of insurance, and receive proper credentials. Membership includes registration of two (2) golf carts; carts must be operated by member or spouse. Members may not register friends’ or extended family’s carts.
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
Operation of any vehicle while intoxicated is prohibited by law. Disorderly or reckless driving will result in suspension of privileges or ejection from park. Be kind to your fellow guests. Quiet time is 11:00PM. Please keep music and noise from your vehicle to a minimum while in the campground. Golf carts have a curfew of 12:00 Midnight. Carts must be parked in your campsite after curfew. During special events, carts must return to camp after the event music ends each evening. Passengers on a golf cart must be seated at all times, one person per seat. The speed limit throughout the park is 10 MPH. Any and all vehicles must observe this speed limit at all times, and watch for children, pedestrians, and animals that may be sharing the roads with you. Operation of a golf cart or vehicle is restricted to licensed drivers only. Children are not to operate these vehicles at any time, whether riding with an adult or not, due to the safety risk this presents. This includes children/grandchildren or family members of staff or members as well. We believe firmly in the “tread lightly” policy. Our campground and trails are well kept because we care about our park, and we expect you to do the same. Trails are well marked, and we ask that you remain on them at all times. (this means no free-range riding) Please respect others’ campsites. Meaning: if it is not your campsite, do not ride through it. Any and all above-mentioned vehicles must have functioning headlights. For everyone’s safety they are required to be used at dusk. If your vehicle does not have operable headlights, use is restricted to daylight hours only. Park registration decal must be prominently displayed at all times.