The following rules and regulations were devised in an effort to ensure everyone’s safety and enjoyment. We here at the Spirit of the Suwannee, staff and campers alike, love our park. We believe firmly in a “Tread Lightly” policy, and have instated these policies in order to promote a safe and enjoyable stay with us. Please keep in mind that these regulations were designed to minimize accidents, injuries, and the deterioration of our park and the surrounding areas. All vehicles utilized within the Spirit of the Suwannee are subject to the following rules and regulations. Violations of this policy may result in suspension of cart or membership privileges, ejection from park, or legal recourse. We wish to continue the tradition of “carting at the park”, but it can only work if we all drive carefully and conduct ourselves responsibly. Management reserves the right to amend these rules and regulations at any time, without notice.
Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park® Golf Cart Policy
This Policy applies to any person who brings or operates any golf cart on the premises, regardless of whether or not the person/operator owns the cart, rented the cart, or borrowed the cart.
All persons who operate a golf cart within the Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park ® are legally required to adhere to the requirements of this Policy. In addition, this Policy applies to golf carts brought into the Park by any person, including but not limited to, guests, contractors, vendors, Park members, and Park staff. Nothing in this Policy is intended to grant of permission to bring a Golf Cart onto the Premises.
ONLY THE FOLLOWING GOLF CARTS ARE ALLOWED:
- Gas/Electric golf carts with stock engines (factory specifications). Engine size is stamped on the motor. No engine may exceed 14 horsepower (HP).
1. E-Z Go ®: 295 CC & 350 CC
2. Club ®: 290 CC & 350 CC
3. Yamaha ®: 357 CC
- Golf cart with a maximum lift of 4” – 8”.
- Golf carts with a maximum tire size of 23’ x 11’ x 12’.
- Golf carts must be equipped with stock mufflers or the equivalent (not to exceed noise level of a stock muffler).
THE FOLLOWING VEHICLES ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE PARK:
All Terrain Vehicles (ATV’s), Off-Road Utility Vehicles (ORV’s) or Recreational Utility Vehicles (RUV’s). This includes, but is not limited to, Polaris Ranger ®, Polaris RZR ®, Yamaha Rhino ®, Kawasaki Mule®, and any other non-golf cart utility vehicle.
Dirt bikes or motorized scooters.
Go carts or dune buggies.
ATV’s, dirt bikes and go-carts may not be brought in on trailers or in the back of trucks.
Battery operated riding toys.
Prices and Fees:
In order to bring your golf cart into the Park, upon entry you must show current proof of golf cart liability insurance with
minimum policy limits of $25,000 personal injury/$50,000 per accident/$10,000 property damage (either a stand-alone golf cart policy or a rider on your homeowner’s insurance policy or automobile insurance policy) and pay a user fee.
Non-event trail use fee is $30.00. The fee is valid for the duration of your stay.
Holiday weekend trail use fee is $60.00. The fee is valid for the duration of your stay.
Event weekend trail use fee varies from event to event. The fee is valid for the duration of your stay. Golf carts may be prohibited at some music festivals or other events. Before planning to bring a golf cart to an event, please call the Park Office to make sure if you can bring a cart.
Restrictions on Golf Cart Operation:
- You may not engage in any activity that is not covered by your golf cart liability insurance policy such as racing, pulling or pushing other vehicles, or carrying too many passengers.
- Operators must have a valid driver’s license in their possession when operating a golf cart and be sober.
- You must follow the “rules of the road” applicable to vehicles on public roads: for example, stopping at stop signs; not texting while driving; not operating carelessly, recklessly or under the influence of alcohol or drugs; and burning headlights and taillights when driving between dusk and dawn.
- One passenger per seat: all occupants must remain seated at all times. All hands and feet must be kept inside the vehicle. No texting while driving a golf cart!
- The speed limit on paved roads is 10 MPH, but slow down to 5 MPH or less in congested areas and on trails.
- You must park your golf cart at your cabin or campsite from midnight and 6 a.m (local time): golf cart operation is not allowed during that curfew period. However during festivals and special events the curfew is from 2:30 a.m. until 6 a.m. (local time).
- You must stay on paved roads and established dirt roads or vehicle trails at all times.
- Horses have the right-of-way. When meeting a horse on the trail, pull over, cut the engine and let the horse pass. When approaching horses from behind, call out to the riders to let them know you are there and wait for the riders to signal when it is safe for you to pass.
- Park registration decal must be prominently displayed on the golf cart windshield at all times.
- Do not leave the key in the golf cart ignition; and lock the cart with a chain and lock when not in use.
- All accidents involving injury, death or property damage must be reported to the Park Office as soon as possible; if medical attention is needed call 911 immediately.
- No amplified music may be played during any outdoor musical performance in the Park or between the hours of 10 p.m. and 8 a.m.(local time). During other hours, amplified music must be kept on a low volume such that only the driver and passengers may enjoy it and that it does not disturb other persons.
- Golf carts may not be brought into music venues or restricted areas except as authorized in writing by Park management. Guests may not bring golf carts into music venues during special events; if you need a mobility accommodation to get to a venue, an ADA shuttle will be provided upon request.
Book Your Site
The Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park is a great place to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. Our campground setting will give you the opportunity to sit back and RELAX!